Bringing your family on vacation can be a big but beautiful undertaking, we know from personal experience. But we also know that it’s so much fun to be able give your children a glimpse into different places and cultures, because those moments in time will stay with them forever. In choosing Iceland though as your family vacation spot, it adds in the dynamic that is very different than anywhere else in the world mainly because of the weather and adventure options.
All that said, it’s important to book tours that are safe for your children, can accommodate and also cater to your needs throughout the day. Katlatrack is happy to book a custom / private tour for you and your family, see HERE.
Some of the benefits of booking a custom family friendly Vik Iceland Custom Super Jeep Tour with us follow:
- We have several sizes of super jeeps to offer your family group. So whether you are bringing your immediate family of 5, or your extended family of 15+ we can accommodate. Katlatrack has 4×4’s can fit… 5 people, 8 people or 10 people. Also, note our jeeps can also safely fit any type of car seat you bring from home or your rental car company.
- It’s only your group! …chat away, plug in your own tunes, and bathroom breaks on your time!
- An incredible learning experience! We not only educate your family about the landscape, history, and geology but we also tell some fantastic folklore stories along the way!
- We can offer you a unique lunch experience during your custom family super jeep tour in Iceland… A traditional Icelandic BBQ of hot dogs (with all of the toppings)!
- Pick your ideal adventure! Do you want to journey to top-secret secret caves? Discover private waterfalls? Adventure through canyons? Travel to tops of mountains? Explore exclusive beaches? Allow us to customize a day for you and your family during your Iceland vacation!
So the next question you’re probably wondering is how to prepare your family for a super jeep adventure in Iceland? Here are our top 5 list on how:
- Pick your Adventure: What and where do you want to explore? Half day or full day? See our selection of tour types HERE.
- Wear warm clothing (dressing in layers is ideal), have/bring wind and rainproof gear, hiking boots.
- Talk it up! Have a chat with your kids about the super jeep tour beforehand to get them as excited as possible. Look at pictures of the places you’ll visit, the super jeep you’ll be riding in, and share how excited you personally are for the tour (Come on, we all know you are)! A child who is enthusiastic and knows what to expect, is less likely to feel nervous. …and more likely to have fun on the actual tour day!
- Bring a “go bag” that has any of the day trip items you might want / need like the following: extra socks, extra shoes, snacks, water bottle, hot hands, gloves, sunglasses, hat, etc.
- Plan “B” items for children under 10 years old… Bringing items like their favorite small toy, an ipod for music, books, or a tablet with the child’s favorite movie/show.
Your Adventure Awaits You,
Guðjon + Katlatrack Team