Iceland Private Tours – The Perfect Way to Explore Iceland
Having privacy at sight-seeing locations in Iceland is often rare. Especially if you are venturing out on your own self-drive Iceland adventures. You’ll find countless tour buses throughout the most known tourist locations. All of which can be a major bummer if you’re looking to have a peaceful moment or take a photograph without hundreds of people in them. But don’t worry, there is another option… Our Katlatrack team based in Vik offers extraordinary Iceland private tours!
Why Book an Iceland Private Tour:
When you choose to do a self-drive itinerary to explore Iceland, you miss a lot. Mainly because you’re paying attention to driving and not enjoying the incredible scenery! By booking an Iceland private tour, you and your partner (or family) can enjoy looking out the window with zero stress of driving! Leave the work to our professional super jeep team!
Plus, by having a private super jeep tour in Iceland, you’ll have the truck to yourselves! So ask all the questions you want, spread your stuff out, have a snack, put your feet up, or even take a nap between stops all sprawled out! The luxury super jeep and guide are yours for the day!
Although private tours in Iceland, cost more than a typical “open tour,” they go at YOUR PACE. So if you want to spend 15 extra minutes discovering a private waterfall, you can! Our private day tours offer you the flexibility of spending more time at some locations and less at others.
Furthermore, there is something to be said about arriving at an offbeat location within the south coast of Iceland and seeing it all by yourself! Our local guides are happy to take you to private black sand beaches, ice caves, exclusive waterfalls, unique viewpoints, Game of Thrones filming locations, isolated side of a glacier, secret mountains, canyons the list is endless!
Super Jeeps: The best mode of transport in Iceland:
Your sense of adventure is heightened when you embark on super jeep tours in Iceland. Frankly, you just feel immediately way more badass to start! Then the super jeep trucks normally sit high up on 38” to 46” tires towering above just about everyone.
Furthermore, for the sustainability of the landscape and the smoothness of your ride, the majority of our Katlatrack super jeeps also have deflation systems. And if they do not, we still deflate before we adventure into the highlands and inflate after! For instance, by doing this it allows our trucks and local guides to be more capable in extreme snow conditions or rivers.
With our professional driver guides, you will find yourself crossing rivers to get to your epic locations! Imagine how unforgettable it will be splashing through rivers as you pass by crazily shaped mountains to get to a private waterfall or secret ice cave! Locations you can only get to by booking an Iceland private tour via super jeep with our Vik Iceland guides! Super jeeps are seriously the best mode of transport in Iceland!
Types of Iceland Private Tours:
Likely your curiosity is peaked as to what types of Iceland Private Tours we can offer you, right? Happy to elaborate! A few ideas to get your mind stirring to follow below:
- Private Ice Cave Tour – Do you want to several different types of ice caves? We scout weekly so if you’re adventurous enough, we can take you to come amazing ice caves privately! If you want something less intensive we can also do our Katla Ice Cave as a private tour for you at an additional cost.
- Ice Climbing at Katla Glacier– A few of our guides are experienced ice climbers and can offer you year-round ice climbing at Katla Glacier. Please contact us for more information.
- Best of Vik Tour– Our daily tour that allows you to discover the offbeat side of Vik Iceland can also be available privately, please contact us for more information.
- Hidden Mountains Tour– Are you intrigued by crazy shaped mountains, caves, trolls, and canyons? A private version of our hidden mountains tour may be exciting for you!
- A Secret Waterfall Hunting Expedition– There are countless waterfalls that are far away from the tourist locations we would love to show you on an Iceland private waterfall tour!
- Family Friendly Super Jeep Tour- Let us know the ages of children and capabilities of the family and we can put together a private family friendly tour for you in Southern Iceland!
- Southern Iceland Ghost Tour- Did you know South Iceland is one of the most haunted areas of Iceland? There are countless stories our super jeep team can tell you about. And places! Picture yourself exploring a haunted mountain hut and listening to the stories that come along with it! It’ll intrigue you and send shivers down your spine!
- Trolls and Folklore Tour in Iceland- Are you fascinated by culture, mystery, and enchanted locations? You may love an Iceland private tour that focuses on trolls, elves, and all of the mysterious folklore Iceland has!
- Iceland Luxury Adventure Tour- Do you want to experience private landscapes as a VIP and have lunch as an EXPERIENCE?! Imagine having a luxury picnic inside of a private ice cave?! We can make it happen for you!
- Craft Your Own Private Super Jeep Tour to exactly what you are interested in seeing and doing. Do you envision yourself visiting a private hot spring, discovering a secluded private black sand beach? Or exploring private ice caves without the crowds? Contact us for more information!
As Iceland Changes…
With travel to Iceland increasing every single year with no sign of stopping, the country is at a point of over-tourism in numerous areas. For instance, just to name a few would be the Golden Circle, Blue Lagoon, glacier lagoon, and many of the attractions in the south shore. The majority of those Iceland sightseeing locations have thousands of visitors every day. More ropes and barriers go up every week to protect the quick deteriorating landscape.
So as you finalize your Iceland travel plans, why not find your way away from the typical and overpopulated tourist places? You can do this by booking an offbeat adventure to non-touristy locations throughout Southern Iceland and specifically in Vik via super jeep! Feel free to contact us for more information on an Iceland Private Tour via super jeep!
Your Adventure Awaits,
– The Katlatrack Super Jeep Team in Vik Iceland