One of Iceland’s most powerful volcanoes, Katla, lies dormant beneath the Mýrdalsjökull glacier. This Iceland super jeep tour takes you right to the foot of the glacier! A place virtually untouched by man, surrounded by magnificent landscapes and awe-inspiring colors, textures and tones.
The next awe-inspiring spot we visit is Reynisfjall where you can see famous Reynisdrangar from above. This area is one of Iceland’s most-photographed and picturesque sites, seen from a once in a lifetime angle!
We then enter the notorious Mýrdalssandur desert area where you will hear an Icelandic folklore story that will make you laugh. After crossing a few rivers, listening to some good tunes you will find yourself picking your jaw up off the floor as you walk into a cave that looks like out of a movie set (it also happens to be an area immortalized in countless films, TV ads and music videos).
Before ending our epic Iceland 4×4 Supper Jeep Adventure Tour, you will arrive at a stunning waterfall that emerges from the ice at the foot of the glacier. Yes, I said waterfall AND glacier in the same sentence! If time allows, you’ll be surprised by one more fun stop to ensure you fully end your day with a huge smile!
* Departure Point: N1 station in Vík
* Duration: 4 hours
* Highlights: Reynisfjall, Black Sand Desert, Super Secret Glacier, Hjörleifshöfði, and a Haunted Hut.
* Included: Local Guide, Super Jeep, 30 minutes hike at Katla Glacier.
* Not included: Lunch (can be added on to the package or purchased at a fuel station in route).
* Please Note: Bring warm clothing, rain/wind gear and good shoes for hiking.
Your Adventure Awaits You,
Guðjon + Katlatrack Team