Information in regards of COVID-19
As the new Coronavirus known as COVID-19, spreads across the globe, we are all aware that measures need to be taken to slow its distribution.
In addition to the general guidelines, we have made our own guidelines and procedures specific to our tours and base in Vík.
This is what we do
- No handshakes–Sorry! Reducing physical contact is an easy and effective way to reduce risk.
- Our Base–Daily we clean all WC, contact surfaces and visitors area.
- Helmets- cleaned after every use. We clean helmets according to CDC regulations with pure alcohol.
- Harnesses and crampons – cleaned after every use with pure alcohol.
- Vehicle contact surfaces (seats, etc.) wiped down daily with sanitizer.
- Shoes- we use disinfectant after every use
- Guides- wash hand´s according to guidelines from The Chief Epidemiologist
This is what you can do
- Wear a Buff or cap under the helmet – we clean them as best we can, but an additional layer is great (and probably useful with the temperatures anyway)
- Wear Gloves. This will reduce exposure to surfaces that can’t be cleaned properly or are being touched frequently by many people.
- Follow common guidelines (WHO, CDC, UK NHS).
- Contact us if any questions remain!
- Furthermore follow guidelines from The Chief Epidemiologist in Iceland.
- Practice good personal hygiene, especially thorough hand washing.
- Avoid close contact with people with common cold symptoms.
- Avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals when visiting live markets.
- Use a cloth for sneezing if you have a cold and wash your hands regularly.
- Inform healthcare professionals about their trips if they need to seek health care in Iceland.
We will update this page as new information becomes available.